2012년 9월 5일 수요일

Survived Day 6!

Hey Guys! THIS IS MY 100th POST! HEYOO!
 Quick update for those of you who care and are curious. I'm here and
in the swing of things. China is cool. Not even a little bit as
similar to Korea as I was expecting it to be. I work at a giant
International School. The campus is awesome and there is a pool! Yay.
We are currently in a hotel because of plumbing issues in the dorms.
My roommate is nice but being in such close quarters is wearing on me.
I just want some quiet time. My job is to be the Primary 5&6 homeroom
teacher. I have 6 kids in my class. They are 10-12 years old. Two from
indonesia, one from japan, new zealand, Korea, and spain. I am
responsible for creating the semester plan, daily curriculum, and all
the activities for them. We do Math(AHHHHH) Science, social studies,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Yucai_School
literacy, and POI (they get to pick a 6 week project and we do it.)
Each 6 weeks, we have an over arching theme that we have to
inccorporate each lesson to. THis time we are working on Physical and
Mental Health. I am in no way qualified to be doing this kind of
teaching and planning. But hey! I work with about 10 other native
English speakers and they're all ok. Various reports about them at a
later date. I have friends though guys,  don't worry. I have to stay
signed on to skype all day because that is how we do file transfers
and stuff, so I'm not ignoring your calls, I'm just working. I havent'
been able to be on my compy at night because my young roommate uses it
to talk to mom and boyfriend all the time. Umm I think that covers it.
I just wanted you all to know that I am thinking about you and that
I'm doing ok.  I am not allowed to wear flipflops to work. Closed toes only.
Guess how happy that makes me. Here is the wikipedia link of the city I'm in/near/around. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenyang and my school. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_Yucai_School   hmmmm what else. Nothing really. The food is ok. Not as delicious as I was hoping, but ok. Cheap. No pictures for you yet. Soon. I think thats all for now. Anything awesome happening at home? Once again I find myself out of touch with the world and reality. LOVE!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기