2010년 11월 5일 금요일

Puppy Class

I'm not sure if I have explained Puppy Class yet. But I'm going to.

Puppy Class is on the second floor, or 2 floor if you're Korean. They are Korean age 5, which means they are really between 3 and a half and 5. Babies. There are 10 of said babies in the class. These kids can barely speak/write understandable Korean, let alone English. This class is loud and chaotic. I have no idea what these babies have to talk about all day, but it is rarely silent when I'm "teaching". First we have Amy. She's smart and she's a pistol. I used to control her by saying "Amy Teacher, can you help me please?" and she would say YES! and pass out pencils or do her friend's worksheets. Now she says NO! and laughs at me. Juli is also very smart and very quiet. Her favorite thing to do is flip her worksheets over and draw princesses. Juli get stressed out by the crowdedness of the room and the noise and cries about it frequently. Kate sits there and draws with the side of her pencil on EVERYTHING. She laughs a lot and bounces a lot. Sally thinks that her name is spelled Salley. It's not. I asked. She loves hugs and calls me Kelly Teacher. She has really good vocab recall but does not like writing. Jessica sits with her pencil in her mouth. She has been at our school since the end of June and can finally write her whole name on her papers. If I beg. She's usually in Jessica world. She wears dresses or skirts everyday and the first thing she does each class is run up to me, yell TEACHER and spins around for me to see her cute dress. Daniel is obsessed with Power Rangers. His favorite activity is to "powerranger" teacher, which usually means kicking me or karate chopping me. He's very good at English though. Tom is very good at speaking English. He spends a majority of class on the floor wrestling with Daniel or Amy. He is one of the only Puppies that talks to me about his life, and tries to do so in English. Mark. I don't know how to explain Mark. I'm convinced that he's at least a little Autistic. He loves to shake his butt and windmill his arms. He never sits in his chair and I compromise by letting him do his work on the floor. He rarely does his actual work, but instead writes letters on everything. Then saying "teacher, what is this?" and I say "ummmm orange?" and he says "no". Eric is a sweet heart who loves to get ahold of scissors and cut his papers up to confetti. He also freaks out about the loudness of the room. Finally, there is Ryan. He is by far the most advanced of the puppies. His thing this week was "Teacher, I am a mouse" "Ohh! You're such a cute mouse!" "No Teacher, I am a BABY mouse" then there is some biting and laughing.

So that is a brief bio of Puppy Class. I usually leave it looking shell shocked and feeling exhausted. They're so cute and happy and full of energy. Sometimes I feel like they are losing their speaking and writing abilities and I think it's because there are entirely too many of them in one class so one-on-one attention is really hard to accomplish. Real hard.

Sally and Amy

Juli

Daniel

Tom

Mark

Kate

Ryan

Sally and Jessica

Eric

댓글 1개:

  1. aaah i again figured out how to comment (although it took a few times to figure out which button was submit... because it's in korean).... just by looks and looks alone Juli is my fave. My parents also made me wear a bowl cut at that age. So i can relate. That's probably what she's really upset about. I KEED! she's adorable. they all are.

    답글삭제