2010년 11월 20일 토요일

Zebra Class

And now you will learn about Zebra Class! Yay! Like Elephant, Zebra is 6 years old, Korean style of course, and theoretically, they are the more advanced class. Although on the third floor, they are pretty much the same. There are 7 kids in Zebra Class and all of their mothers are best friends and the kids are best friends and some days they just don't need to hear what teacher is saying because they are buys fighting over who gets the scrap of paper. But they are a fun class and very smart as a bunch. Jason is the son of our boss. Every morning I say " how are you today Jason?" and he looks at me with a huge smile and says "Me angry". I then call him Mr. Grumpy Pants and he ends up laughing. He reminds me of a little old man. Jun is a space cadet of sorts. He loves to kiss his friends and massage teacher's shoulders instead of listening to the story. I hate massages though so we fight about it a lot. Jun is very good at speaking English but completes his work at a frustratingly slow pace. Melody is an excellent English speaker, complete with an attitude. She is very bright but has a bit of an attitude issue as far as following instruction goes. She is always the first to pick up on a new idea though. Wonseo is adorable. Thursday I ask him how he is and he always says "Teacher, I am sad." "Why are you sad Wonseo?" "Because tomorrow tomorrow is Saturday. No school on Saturday." He's a cutie with a great smile. His English is also good enough that you can get a piece of his sense of humor. It's always fun when that happens with any of the kids. Rachel has giant chipmunk cheeks and loves to have one-on-one conversations. She gets sad if other people talk when she thinks it should be her turn. She is another student that is a perfectionist with her work and I find that since I am in no way a perfectionist, I get frustrated with how slowwwwww she is. Emily is a pistol. She is usually pretty happy in Emily world and gets rather angry if you call her out of it. She does enjoy singing and coloring. And last, but certainly not least is Joseph. This kid has some of the biggest cheeks known to man, his mother has declared that if he's not in the mood to learn we should let him do whatever he wants, and when he wants a hug he clamps on to your neck for days. When he is in a good mood he is very fun and speaks very well. A majority of the time he wants nothing to do with school and draws hearts on everything. When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, he proudly states "a mommy".

This was a good week. Nothing too special. Pretty exciting week coming up. Tomorrow Jason, Sophia, Ian, Nate, Carly and I are having our Thanksgiving dinner. Complete with football. We're pretty pumped about that. Tuesday we have a field trip. I believe we are going to the movie theater. Thursday we have a birthday party. Friday kinder report cards are due. Saturday we have a workshop. Yay!

Ethan got his first deer last weekend. I'm pretty proud of him. I think that the mosquitoes are finally dead and I have been needing to turn my heat on for about two hours each day.

Things are good. Happy. Fun. Fairly productive.


Jason


Jun

Melody

Wonseo

Rachel

Emily (with a fairly normal expression of joy...)

Joseph

Have a Happy Thanksgiving! I feel very lucky to have made some great friends here in Korea. However, I do find myself getting a little sad that I am spending the holidays only with people I have known less than a year. They're great, but I do miss you. Family. Friends. English. Cows. Mowgli. Woods. You.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기