2010년 1월 30일 토요일

Time flies

Its Saturday evening. Finally. Although this week did go fast it was a week that made me feel like an expensive babysitter more than a teacher.

I'm taking Korea classes. Just in February. I'm trying to learn the alphabet, but like I said once I can make the sounds of the characters, I still have to translate them into words that I know. But I hung out with some Koreans that I know at the bar last night, and practiced. It was fun.

How do I know said Koreans? I'll tell you. Like 2 weekends ago, Ashley and I went to a Korean housewarming party. It was Sunny and Dahee's party. They own the bar, Underground. So we went to their house and met their friends and played with their dog and ate Korean food. It was really fun and we learned a lot!

I talk to Mowgi on skype sometimes. I miss him. There aren't really dogs here. Some real small ones that people carry around. But no big, normal size dogs. I guess theres not enough space.

My last kinder class of the day decided that they were puppies yesterday. And they spent the hour we spend together acting like dogs. Crawling around, barking, biting my pant legs. Then Esther stood up and chomped my arm! I have a bruise.

I wish I could show you pictures of my kids. They are so cute. But we're not allowed to take pictures of them. So I can't. But trust me. Very cute. They all have english names and korean names. Usually their parents pick their english names. Sometimes at birth and sometimes just when they sign up for school. I'll list all the names of the kids I have so you get an idea.
In Apollo: Bryan, Gordon, Kevin, Jayme, Paul, Julia, Annie, Rosie, Jack, and William. In Aurora: Brian, Jenny, Edward, Bill, Albert, Nayoon, Justin, Robin, and Zidam. In Titan: Nancy, Esther, Eileen, and Clarus. In the afternoons I have a class that is Billy, Lily and Jessica. A class of Matthew, Thomas, Sarah, Silvia, Sally, Diana, and Jenny. Then I have Juliete, Vicky, Mickey, Alex, Max, and Jackie. A class of Brian, Charlie, Ann, Sunny, and Sally. A class of Amy, Suji, Kate, Ryan, and Hana. And finally a class of Alex, Cindy, Sally, Julie, and Clara.

Bet you really liked that last paragraph.
At the Korean Housewarming. Hanging out on the floor eating raw shark because it makes you strong. I liked it. And drinking rice wine and soju.
This is Bartender Sunny's dog. She may have been the smallest dog I have ever touched.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기