2010년 1월 24일 일요일

Social Life

Even though I seem to have gotten myself into a situation where I have a real job that I have to go to 5 days a week every week from 9-6:30, I do have a social life. Sort of. It's been a little tricky because we only get paid once a month and I haven't done a month yet, so no money yet. But I still try to go out and meet new people and relax. I've been playing darts lately and a little pool. Everyone that I've met is super friendly and so nice. Everyone is helpful and questions are welcome, which is fantastic considering the situation. It's also funny talking to other English teachers. You can tell what we do because we have to make a very conscious decision to speak in full sentences to each other, and the sentences can have more than 6 words in them AND can contain words that have more 2 syllables! It's funny though how after only 3 weeks of teaching young kids, I already find myself talking with my hands a lot more and not using words like "a" "the" and "this". We're exposed to broken English all day and we all pick it up. It's pretty funny when I catch myself talking to people from the U.S and when they ask me where I'm from, I say Indiana, while making the shape of the state with my hand.

Here are the Korean words I know. Hello, Thank you, May I have another beer?, cheers, rock, paper, scissors, and no.
This is my school. There on the 3rd floor. Brighton Junior School. It's pretty cool. I think this is a good deal.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기