2013년 10월 20일 일요일

Typhoons

Turns out fall is Typhoon season in Japan. Who knew? Lots of rain and wind. Sometimes schools close. I still have work, but by the time the kids get to me they're full of unspent energy from a whole day off. So, that's fun. This weekend I met a language exchange guy in Tokyo. We went to a food festival and had some sake and food. Then we went to see the largest paper lantern in the world, but it was being repaired, so we just saw the second largest paper lantern in the world. Today I went to lunch and learned some more Japanese vocab. Pay day this week. We start Halloween festivities.

Two Observations: When people read on the trains, their books have covers on them. Like the covers that we had to make in school to protect our text books. These covers are flowery or just brown. Makes me wonder what they're hiding.  I saw the first graffiti that I've seen here. On the side of a bridge. It said "NIPPLE". I actually laughed out loud on the train.
Itty-bitty fantas.

Panda Pancake.

Dino and lanterns


What they were doing at the festival.

Tokyo-tourist district.

That's me!

End of the universe

Beginning of the universe.

Tokyo Sky Tree

A man who defeated dragons.

Tokyo Skytree: largest building in Japan.

Apparently that is a beer factory. It's meant to look like the foam on a beer.

Skytree and Beer.

Itty bitty Sprite

Lunch today. Some sort of famous, traditional something.
 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기