2010년 10월 4일 월요일

9 Months and No Baby

Heyoo! I've been here just over 9 months now. Here are some things I've learned.

  • My Robot class is considered to be 7 years old. They all tell you that they are 7. I found their birthdates. Here they are. You be the judge of their actual ages.
  1. Alex 2--May 2004
  2. Rex-- June 2004
  3. Samuel--July 2004
  4. Alex 1--August 2004
  5. Clara--January 2005
  6. Molly--November 2005
  • In an effort to make the 7 year olds only speak English, I have implemented new methods of bribery and new speaking games. It's going well thus far.
  • Two of the girls from King Class sit on my lap and sing for most of play time each day. I make them say Katie in the songs as much as possible. For example, "rain rain go away, come again another day, little Katie wants to play, so rain rain go away". It makes them giggle and it makes me feel important.
  • I'm still torn between leaving and staying. And staying for a couple months and staying for a full year. And traveling in December or just saving up and traveling on my way out. And what to do when I do finally leave this joint. It's all stressing me out. A lot.
  • I have amazing friends and family. Special thanks to my Brain Trust for all their advice and support. And to my K-pop friends for listening to me talk about the whole situation day in and day out.
  • Friday night, I didn't really feel good so I wasn't really planning on doing anything, but SaraBrown came to town and we went to dinner then decided to check on Sunny at the Underground. Ended up being one of the best nights of my life. At about 2 am, Sunny said "Katie, you bartend?" I said "OK!" So I worked behind the bar from 2-5! I wasn't allowed to serve mixed drinks though, probably because Sunny is actually trying to make money. So when people came up and said "3 vodka tonics please" I said "3 beers? OK!". I had a hell of a time.
  • We have a field trip this week, so I'll hopefully get some awesome pictures of the kids being cute.
  • I plan on doing more 'Korean' stuff in the next couple months...I feel like it needs to happen. We'll see.
  • Hope you're doing well! Kisses and Misses!!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기