2010년 9월 18일 토요일

Chusoek


Robot Class. Alex 1, Alex 2, Rex, Molly, Clara, and Samuel.
Sophia, Jason, and myself. Celebrating FRIDAY!! Best Coworkers ever.


September 22 is Chuseok. Chuseok is sort of like Thanksgiving, but it is a celebration of the harvest. Or something like that. The day before and the day after are also considered part of the holiday. Chuseok is a time to spend with family. They wear Hanbok, traditional Korean clothes and bow to their elders. The eat rice cake and some kids were talking about getting money, but I'm not sure what the deal is there. We have the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th off. Because we didn't know that we would also have the Friday off, we did not make plans. So we are now left with 6 whole days to do whatever we want and we could not be more excited!

The other big news is that my boss officially asked Jason and I to stay another year. That would mean finishing our contracts in March and signing a new one. We have until November to decide. I'm pretty torn about what to do. There are many pros-money, I like it, I like my boss, I like the kids, I have a job offer, I would get a raise and double the bonus at the end. There are some cons-I live in Korea which is far from home, 26 months in Asia is a long time, I don't particularly like working at a school that goes year round. Another part of the decision is that they have changed the visa laws, making it a harder and longer process so I do not want to get home and decide "whoops. should have stayed". I'm leaning towards staying because I don't have a plan or even any ideas. Thoughts?

Here are a bunch of pictures of the kids in their Hanbok. They also made rice cakes and learned the proper way to bow.

Sarah in King Class making rice cakes.

We had some waiting time so I said "Make sleepy faces!" This was the result.

Sunny and Peter's Brother in Apple class.

Samuel from Robot Class.

Sophia Teacher and King Class.

Two of my favorite students in Apple Class. The boy goes by Ian sometimes. I'm not sure he knows that though.

All of Apple Class in their adorable Hanbok.

Trying to get my kinders to pose for a class picture.

Rex.

Samuel.

Molly.

Clara. Clara is Korean age 7. Her birthday is January 10, 2005. Making her almost 6 American age. Right?

Alex 2.

Alex 1.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기