2010년 4월 8일 목요일

Knitting with chopsticks

Yo! So I've figured out what is the most frustrating part of living in Korea for me. You know how I read everything? All the time? Signs, posters, notes, books, etc. When I see it, I read it. And that's how I know where I am and what kind of things are going on. Well. Here, I can read nothing. That's not true. Theoretically, I can READ stuff. I just have no idea what it means. I feel like I lost a sense. I can't get a grasp on location, I can't remember where I've been, I can't figure out what's going. It's a weird thing for me. And now that I've noticed it, it's all I think about. Ugh.

Last weekend I finally made it up to Seoul. We went to an art museum and a palace. We then had dinner and started drinking. I went up with some friends fro Suji and met up with SaraBrown. Sara and I lived in the Annex together freshman year at Wooster. That was very fun. Here's the tricky part. The buses and trains stop running around 11 pm, so if you stay out past then, you either pay quite a bit for a taxi home or you stay out all night until the subway starts running again. Sometime after 6am I believe. We did that. It was very fun. I don't think I could do it weekly, but I enjoyed myself.

The weather is starting to get nice. Finally. It's going to start getting harder and harder to be inside all day. But I guess that's life now. Sweet.

It still blows my mind how fast time is moving. I'm about to go to sleep, wake up and do the second Friday of April. Unreal. I wonder if time goes this fast because I'm in Korea, because I have a job, or because I'm an adult. That's scary.

One thing that I've noticed about Koreans is that they run a lot. Not like go out for a jog. Like "I have to go from this room to that room, so I'm going to run". So you see business dudes running around and the Korean teachers I work with shuffle run all over the school. Why have I noticed this? 1. Because I don't go that fast. Ever. 2. One of the biggest challenges that we have is to try to make the kids not run, since they fall alot. Personally, I think this is so hard because as a culture they just run from A to B.

At the end of May we have a 3 day weekend for Buddha's Birthday. I was going to go on a 3 day hike in North Korea, but we found out today that trips have been temporarily canceled. So now we're trying to decide what would be cool. Beaches have been the main stream of thought. But it has got me thinking about what to do with my week off in the summer and what to do when my year is up in March. I have the first week of August off, so you should come visit me then. If noone comes, I think I'll go somewhere awesome. And I've been thinking about some traveling after my year is up. It's exciting to think about going to some more places.

Hope you're doing well.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기