2010년 4월 14일 수요일

Busted

  • I sold my bike. I feel much better. After I got someone to agree to buy it, I got a little nervous that I would regret it. But when I was riding it into Suji I realized how stressful it is for me to deal with a bike. There are too many people, they yell at you in Korean, and it hurts my butt.
  • SaraBrown came to Suji last weekend. We went to Wooster together. From the Annex to Asia. That should be the title of our movie. I took her to the Underground. Had to. It was destiny.
  • At Korean class last night, we had a teacher who is Korean but grew up in North Carolina (I believe). He spent summers in Korea with family, has done lots of random stuff, fully believes that the world is ending in 2012, is married, and currently works at a school owned by his Aunt as a translator. He's a pretty goofy dude, but he's very nice. Anyway, we were working on some review and were talking about how to order orange juice. Whether it was necessary to say cup or bottle. I decided that I should ask the following. "Let's say you wanted a juice box. How would you ask that?" He looked at me, cracked up, and said "Got to love the midwest. Bax" and laughed. BUSTED.
  • School was a bummer today. We were supposed to have a field trip tomorrow to look at trees or something. It got delayed to next week, MAYBE. It's not really a bummer because I really wanted to go see trees, its a bummer because I wanted a break. The schedule is getting old. I still really like it, I'm just ready to change it up. So that happened. Then we found out that the week we have off in summer is July 28th-August 8th. What's sad about that? Look at a calendar. We have W,Th,F,S,Su, M, T. So still 5 school days off, but only one weekend. Stupid for many reasons. 1. It means we have two short weeks and everyone knows that short weeks at school are not productive. 2. Instead of having 9 days off (two weekends) we only have 7, which is less than 9. 3. I cannot believe that Koreans, who are incredibly family oriented, are ok with this schedule. Why wouldn't you want 9 days? LAME.
  • You're still invited.
  • We had to do status reports this week. I had to do Robot, my 7year old homeroom, and Apple. Apple are the 5 year olds that I read to for 40 minutes once a week. The Apple kids don't have English names and don't speak, so I don't know who they are. They each got 3 sentences about their attitude. The Robot kids each got a page. I wonder if I'll get in trouble for that. But I don't know how else to deal with it. These reports are sort of silly. here's why. 1. I write weekly updates to Robot parents. It felt a little repetitive. 2. We are told to be honest. But they don't mean that. They mean you should say "Your child does not sit still, cannot spell his name, and might be dyslexic" like this "Your child has a lot of energy, expresses creative ideas, and is still struggling with letter recognition."
  • It's fine. I actually don't mind these reports. I think finding out about the canceled trip and the silly vacation days got to me.
  • The weather was really nice Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Like warm enough to not need a jacket and sunny. Tuesday it started out sunny and when we looked outside at 3 it was snowing and cold. Silly.
  • I finally got internet banking set up. I think I can only do if from one computer. Luckily I chose one at school. But now I get a better exchange rate when I transfer money home.
  • It's cool to see money in my bank accounts. It's a happy feeling. Although it is a bummer to lose a chunk each month to student loans.
  • Sunny and DaHee, the Underground owners are getting married this weekend. I'm invited. I think I'll go. The next post will be about that.
  • Sunday is Cheney's 19th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHENEMAN!!
  • Love you. Miss you. Think about you often.
  • I really appreciate the updates that you send me. Please continue.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기