2014년 5월 31일 토요일

52 Days

Hey! Happy June! Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad. 29 years. That's a lot.

May was good. It's getting hot here, and humid. Real humid. My hair is just giant. I don't think anything special really happened this month. Just normal life. It's good.

Yesterday, I went to Kamakura and Enoshima. They are about an hour/hour and a half out of Tokyo and have both been on my list of things to see since I got here. Kamakura has shrines, temples, and a giant Buddha. Enoshima is an island. It was a good day. I went with Maiko, a language exchange partner. Her English has improved a lot and my Japanese is getting better. Here are some pictures of the weekend.

Kamakura is famous for Hydrangeas, but we were a bit early for the big festivals and such.

Gold crab in one of those zen rock garden things.

Dino in a bamboo forest.

Bamboo Forest

Tree

Big Buddha.

Maiko's Buddha pose.

That's me.

Buddha: we went inside him too. It was real humid in there.

Kamakura Day!

At the top of the "SEA CANDLE" in Enoshima.

Ocean.

Happy June!

I want to go to the beach: Watashiwa Umi ni ikitaii

Tree Dragon

At the beach. Sort of. It was rocks, not sand. Although there was a sand part.
This movie is not great, but I've never seen bamboo that bug before. Don't worry about sound, it's not me, its just background conversations.
 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기