2012년 11월 23일 금요일

I got a ticket, I got a ticket, I got a ticket, hey, hey, hey, HEY!

That's right folks. I have a ticket. Two actually! I am officially going to Cambodia on January 15th. I am officially going to Kuwait on February 7th. (SOPHIA!) That's all I have worked out so far. I'll keep you posted.

School is good. I have a new student from Japan. He has a genetic disease called MELAS. I've done some googling on that and all I can really make out is that it has something to do with lactic acid. His mom told me she doesn't think he'll live past the teenage years. He's 11, but due to 4 strokes/seizures in January he functions at about a 5 year old level. However, he functions in Chinese, Japanese, and English. It's been stressful and my other students do really well with him sometimes and less so others.

I am being observed on Thursday by pretty much everyone in the school. All first year teachers get to experience this pleasure. Luckily, the homeroom teachers get observed fairly regularly anyway so that both myself and the kiddos are sort of used to it. This one is the most serious one though, so I'm a bit nervous. It'll be fine though probably.

We found a bar that has amazing Western food so I went there with the ladies last night.

Today is shaping up to be a Katie Day. I'm reading Dracula.

The internet has been very annoying still. Sorry. I miss contacting you too.


Oh yeah! Happy Thanksgiving!! The Americans made some food, but I had tutoring and then some skyping with Ian and the family. CHENEY was home and I finally got to see that muscle princess. It sounds like things are good on the home front.
Muscles. Cheney!
Wooster cup coffee. Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been swimming a few times each week and trying to run at least once. I'm also in the process of forcing a Chinese co-teacher to be my friend. I made him go swimming this week. That's been my project since the internet is making watching tv while knitting very un-relaxing.

Love!

댓글 1개: