2012년 1월 31일 화요일

Another one bites the dust


Well. It's that time of year again. The month that I broke my leg in 2009 and found myself jobless and money-less in 2010. As a result, February makes me nervous. Although in 2011, my Dad came to spend Lunar New Year with me. Here's hoping for a good one. Keeping in mind that its a leap year, therefore a whole day longer! Ahh! Adding to this is the fact that tomorrow is the first day of said month and it is currently snowing a lot with the promise of getting SUPER cold tomorrow, meaning due to a lack of shovels and plows here, much ice. Yay.  ANYWAY. Things are good here. The puppy class homeroom teacher quit, so my three puppies have been combined with the other five year olds, Elephant class. Now there are nine of them. It's a little chaotic and loud, but it's fun. The part that makes me sad is that  went from having my puppies three times a day to once a day. I miss them. Robot Class is doing SOOOO GOOOD! They behave and speak English and crack me up. These babies are soo funny. Don't get me wrong, they still make me nuts, but it's pretty fun and makes me laugh. A lot. Or want to rip my hair out. Depends. Peter has 19 more work days, meaning I get to train a new guy in that many days. I'm sad that Sparky's leaving and of course I'm nervous about making a new friend and coworker. Congrats to Travy for receiving his diploma from Cornell. I'm happy for you. And a BIG Congrats to Little Man for winning sectionals! Yay! Life's good. I know that I will be heading to the good ole' US of A on June 1, 2, 3, or 4. Things are getting real and I'm getting nervous and anxious about my life and what to do with that. I've been trying to nail down my marketable skills and maybe a passion or two. It's hard though. I've been having a great time with my friends here. I've been meaning to try to get more Korean culture in. I haven't yet. But I think about it. Life's good.


How I run around the ROK on the weekends.



I had some friends over for some drinks and good talks. This is Big Guy Bill holding a 1kg pear and wearing a camo hat I made. This cracked us up for about 4 hours.

Art day in Robot. Jenny and her raccoon puppet.


Sally and Jessica and their puppets.


When I bundle the kiddos up for hometime, Jessica does not like to wear her hood and gloves. To convince her to do it, I call her Jesskimo. Then she laughs and laughs and laughs and it cracks me up. Everyday.

댓글 1개: