2011년 8월 7일 일요일

I like work, but I like not working WAY more

Hey! It's August. It's actually a week into August. That means I have a little less than seven months left. I've been on break the past week. I had lots of fun plans for the week, however, due to Typhoon season and tents not complimenting eachother, I did not do what I had intended on doing.

Let's back up a bit.

Three weekends ago, we went to Mudfest in Daecheon. This is the same beach that I went to for my birthday. Mudfest is what it sounds like. You play in the mud and the ocean. It's pretty fun. I went with Yoanna, Sabine, and Ian. Peter was supposed to come, but he slept through all his alarms and wake up calls. Ian and I slept in our tents on the beach and the girls got a hotel. It worked out nicely except that I saw my third Korean Thunderstorm from a tiny tent on a beach. But I stayed pretty dry and it worked out ok.

The last week of school was horrible. The kids were crazy and the teachers were grumpy. Everyone was ready for a break. Friday was movie, ice-cream, and play day and we got out 30 minutes early!

The past nine days have been a blur of friends, hiking, movies, bars, restaurants, apartments, stores, and lots of alcohol. It was not nearly as a productive break as I could have had, but I had a good time. Lots of adventures. Some new friends. Not too much sleep. Nothing to "write home about", but no complaints. It was super hot and stormy for a majority of the week.

I'm really starting to stress out about my future and what to do next. The problem is-that I love this job and I love being here, but it's not a career. I can't stay in Korea forever and so I need to force myself out. But I don't know what to do next. I don't have any long term goals. I don't even have any ideas. It's really bothering me.

I finally bought a new toilet seat today. Mine has been broken since before I moved in.

A cool thing in Korea, is there is no tipping. So life is cheaper and easier.

I got my monthly run in already. That was fun.

I saw the new Transformers and loved it. I have yet to see Harry Potter or Captain America, but I plan on it.

Happy August!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기