2010년 12월 26일 일요일

Happy Boxing Day!

I don't know what Boxing Day means. Merry Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend! I'm pretty pumped for 2011, I don't know about you, but I'm not that sad to be moving on from December. This month sort of kicked my ass. I've been an expat for 51 weeks. Next Sunday will officially be my one year mark. Yay. 14 months to go. Yay.

Let's see. This past week we had a birthday party and 2 Christmas parties, sort of. On Thursday after school the teachers dressed up in Santa suits and went to four housing places. We sang and danced and Santa gave all the kiddos presents. They loved it. We were cold. Then on Friday, we did Christmas type activities including a newspaper "snowball" fight and crafts. Then we ate lunch early and had the "Christmas Party" which entailed trying to keep everyone in their seats and eating a lot of junk food. With our elementary kids, we watched movies and ate pizza. Pretty fun.

For Christmas Eve, I went to Ian's and made him watch White Christmas. We skyped our families and went to dinner and to a bar for a bit. Christmas morning, we did some more skyping then went to see Harry Potter with some orphans. After the movie we went back to the orphanage and had dinner. I wish I could give you more details about that whole situation, but I can't really. I don't really know how I got into it and don't really know what to say about it. I do feel pretty good about it I guess. It was strange.

This week, I am NOT in Thailand. I don't know what I'm going to do. I need a haircut and I need to go to the post office. That's all I have.

Other big school news is that Rex will no longer be attending our hagwon. (English kindergarten) His mom has some issues with some teachers at school and just decided that Rex was finished. I'm pretty sad about that.

Still working on getting a new teacher here as soon as possible. That's been fun. I'm the go between for my boss and the new guy. I feel like it's sort of counter productive considering that 1. I barely have my shit together and 2. I came to Korea as a result of the following Google search : Jobs in Korea. So hopefully it will all work out. I'm frustrated with it all though and am just ready for 2011. Yay.

I always wonder about breaks. It seems like every year that I can easily recall, especially college and now working at a school, that the week leading up to break is always terrible and break gets here just in time to keep me from going off the deep end. My question is, if break wasn't coming, would things be as terrible? If they were, how would I recover? Do they just get bad because you know its almost over? Does that make sense at all?

Enjoy the holidays! 5 days of 2010 left to go! Woah. Skype me. kadale09. Email me. Facebook me. I love you! I miss you!

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기