2010년 8월 15일 일요일

Ramblings and LimaBeans

Hi. Getting back into the swing of things at work after vacation was hard. The kids were squirrely and I was exhausted. So this weekend, I wanted to just chill out at home. Sleep a lot and save some money. Then Ian called. He said two words and plans went a whole different direction. "Beach tomorrow?" Done. Friday after work, I hopped on the bus, went to Suwon Station and got a train to Daecheon Beach. That's the same beach that Mudfest was at. I got there at 11 and found Ian on the boardwalk. We hung out on the beach until about 5 am because we were sleeping in a tiny tiny tent and it was way too hot to go to sleep sober. And there were a lot of ants. It rained all day Saturday, but it was still fun. We wandered around and played on the beach. Actually, it was sunny for about 2 hours. We played gin on Saturday night and watched this game. This man charged people five bucks to put a blindfold on, spin in a circle, and walk four steps with a bat. They then tried to smash a watermelon. If they did, they got a bottle of whiskey. It was hilarious. The guy made bank with all the drunk men trying to impress their girlfriends. We just woke up and packed up the tent and came home. Very fun weekend.

Now, I have decided to share some thoughts that I've been having.
  • I think when I get home, driving will be really really hard and stressful.
  • I don't like umbrellas. They seem like a good idea, but you still get wet. People with umbrellas run into me. I run into things when I'm using them. It's hard to remember to bring it if there's a chance of rain. It's hard to remember to take them home. Kind of like futons. They are a great idea in theory, but are just not as convenient as they might be. Futons are heavy and hard to unfold.
  • We've been trying really hard to make the kids only speak English at school. Rex wasn't there M-W, and they did an awesome job. I was really proud. Then my little T-Rex came back and it all went to shit. He's such a firecracker.
  • I saw a commercial for Carlsburg beer. Their motto is "Probably the best beer in the world" It made me laugh so I tried the beer. Not too shabby. At home, I buy Rasin Brand Crunch because the commercials are hilarious. Advertising works. I'm a sucker.
  • I don't understand how if you leave the tent door open, all the mosquitoes fund their way in. How do they know? What are they doing? Just flying around looking for open doors? Mean.
  • The internet is pretty cool. You can do so much on it. I use it to keep in touch with real life, read funny things online, read the news to try to keep up with the world, play Tetris, and watch TV online. It's great for killing time and not getting too homesick.
  • I found that I miss home the most when I'm hungry. Food is so good and it is so much more than just nutrients and all that stuff.
  • I started talking vitamins. I don't feel any difference yet.
  • I hate bug bites. Especially on my feet.
I had some more, but I can't remember. I've added some pictures. The first three are from our Jeju trip. I swiped them from Jason. He does a great job with scenery pictures. I don't like taking pictures of scenes because it never looks as cool in the pictures as it is in real life. The last picture is me and Ian this weekend. Ian is the Canadian dude that I worked with at my first school. He now works at a public school in Suwon. It's pretty weird that school is starting up for you guys. CRAZY. Cheney moves to COLLEGE soon. That blows my mind.


Monday, August 16th is GrandmaAmy's birthday. Happy Birthday GrandmaAmy! I love you! I miss you!
해피 벌스 데이 투유
That means happy birthday in Korean.

Its also crazy that August is half way over. That means 6 months and 2 weeks left.

Pictures.
This is my head on the way up Hallasan. Photographer-Jason




Hallasan scenery. Photographer-Jason
Jeju Waterfalls. Me, Sophia, Jason.


Me and Ian. Daecheon Beach.


Closing thought. Coconuts. Fruit or nuts?

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기